Interested in a rewarding career that will make a positive difference?
On behalf of Youth Services, we would like to thank you for your interest in pursuing career opportunities with our community nonprofit. Youth Services provides exemplary service utilizing a team passionate about improving the quality of life throughout Windham County.
Youth Services is proud to offer a generous benefits package that, when coupled with competitive salaries, allows us to attract and retain the best staff you may ever work with. If you would like to be part of a talented and caring team dedicated to providing outstanding services, please consider a career at Youth Services.
There are also many ways to volunteer your time and talents at Youth Services, which has enjoyed a long tradition of tremendous community support. Each year nearly 300 volunteers play an invaluable role in supporting the agency’s delivery of services in a variety of ways. Youth Services has a long tradition of offering internships to graduate students as well as work study jobs. Thank you for your interest in Youth Services!
Youth and Young Adult (YYA) Intake and Groups Coordinator
Summary: Working with the Director of Youth Development, the YYA Intake and Groups Coordinator will screen and coordinate referrals, new intakes, brief services, crisis calls and respond to information requests; develop and coordinate skills building, support and activist groups for YYA and families; cultivate and maintain relationships with community and regional partners; conduct outreach and recruitment and provide support for host homes in Windham County. This is a full time position split between our Bellows Falls and Brattleboro offices.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven; able to understand and respond to immediate client and program needs and shift priorities as warranted; be a reliable and self-reflective team member; have excellent and thoughtful boundaries and exceptional organizational skills. Critical thinkers who have a natural tendency toward creative and relentless problem solving, especially regarding systems-of-care and resource access, are encouraged to apply.
- Screen individuals and families seeking services determine eligibility, need, risk and to identify brief service goals
Brief support & stabilization services:
- Provide brief and/or stabilization services to youth, young adults and families seeking services including access and referral to resources related to basic needs, including food, housing, transportation, medical insurance and mental health and medical care
Work with YDP director and internal and external partners to identify and coordinate prosocial youth, young adult and/or family groups such as:
- Life skills building
- Sex education
- Non-violent communication
Host home coordination
- Outreach, recruitment, and on-boarding of host families to host youth for up to 21 days
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or related field or an equivalent amount of training, education and/or lived experience
- Experience working with families and youth and young adult populations
- Experience in crisis intervention
- Organizational skills, ability and desire to work in a team, good communication skills, and flexibility.
- Reliable transportation and motor vehicle insurance coverage.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to HumanResources@youthservicesinc.org
Deadline to apply: Ongoing until position is filled.
Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer.