Interested in a rewarding career that will make a positive difference?
On behalf of Youth Services, we would like to thank you for your interest in pursuing career opportunities with our community nonprofit. Youth Services provides exemplary service utilizing a team passionate about improving the quality of life throughout Windham County.
Youth Services is proud to offer a generous benefits package that, when coupled with competitive salaries, allows us to attract and retain the best staff you may ever work with. If you would like to be part of a talented and caring team dedicated to providing outstanding services, please consider a career at Youth Services.
There are also many ways to volunteer your time and talents at Youth Services, which has enjoyed a long tradition of tremendous community support. Each year nearly 300 volunteers play an invaluable role in supporting the agency’s delivery of services in a variety of ways. Youth Services has a long tradition of offering internships to graduate students as well as work study jobs. Thank you for your interest in Youth Services!
Position: Director of Clinical Services
The Director of Clinical Services is a new position and new program at Youth Services (based in Brattleboro and Bellows Falls, VT). We are looking for someone to help us launch a vibrant new community resource. The Director will create a clinical program focused primarily, at first, on substance abuse treatment for the agency’s clients. This position will involve in-office clinical hours as well as time in the community with agency staff and their clients. Clients will be both adolescents and young adults. We are seeking a highly-skilled clinician and creative thinker who is excited to combine these skills in innovative ways. The ideal candidate must have the ability to think globally, solve problems as well as have good decision-making and critical thinking skills.
About Youth Services:
Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of VT community since 1972. Our mission is to provide transformative prevention, intervention and development programs for young people and families in Windham County communities. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace. We offer a competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Master’s level degree in Social Work or Counseling Psychology, with LICSW or LMHC license (required). LADC also considered. A minimum of two years experience in a clinical setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with adolescents and young adults is a must.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of addiction and recovery, and trauma/complex trauma and their effects on adolescent development
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with strength-based practices, youth development, and harm reduction frameworks
- Experience with different types of client billing, particularly Medicaid
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to a supportive, and affirming environment for all youth.
- Understanding of dynamics of oppression, marginalization, poverty and youth homelessness and ability to thrive in diverse work environment.
- Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices
- Develop and administer a clinical program with a focus on substance abuse treatment, using evidenced-based strategies that address critical needs of youth and young adults.
- Develop and manage processes that ensure all client files are up to date and maintained in a manner that achieves full compliance with funder requirements.
- Participate in Youth Services’ Leadership Team to provide guidance and support in furthering the agency’s mission, vision, and strategic plans.
- Provide clinical support to other Youth Services’ programs.
- Attend local, state and national network meetings and support advocacy efforts of the agency for youth.
- Develop relationships and collaborative partnerships with state and social service agencies, community partners, and stakeholders to further the agency’s ability to achieve agency goals and improve the system of care for youth.
Supervised by: Executive Director
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with application materials:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
Deadline: on-going until position is filled.
Position: Youth Shelter Case Manager
This split position is required to provide case management services for 8-10 youth 16-22 years old who are transitioning to adulthood. This position manages the transitional living program (TLP) in Brattleboro by conducting weekly house meetings, coordinating admission and discharge of residents, and making sure the basic needs of the program are covered. Additionally, this position coordinates the monthly Youth In Transition provider meetings and assists in the planning and oversight of weekly Drop In Nights.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field is required.
- One year of experience working with adolescent and young adults.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Commitment to the value of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Knowledge of adolescent and young adult development.
- Experience interfacing with DCF, housing, employment, and similar services.
- The ability to build trust and rapport with adolescents.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in coordinating services with other agencies and professionals.
- The ability to utilize supervision by asking for assistance, support and training, and accepting and utilizing feedback.
- Ability to manage time and set priorities to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines, including the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member.
- This is a field position and frequent travel is required, including client transport. Reliable transportation and comprehensive insurance is required
Supervised by: Youth Development Director
To Apply: Email email@example.com with application materials:
- Cover letter
Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Youth Development
Youth Services has a highly respected history of providing quality services to youth and families in Windham County since 1972. The agency is known for its innovative programs, dynamic board and staff and expertise in youth development. We are seeking a Director of Youth Development who is passionate about helping transition age youth who are homeless or experiencing trauma access the services and support they need to move successfully into adulthood. The Director will provide clinical supervision for staff, manage the 24/7 crisis hotline and shelter programs. The best candidate will have a clinical background combined with direct experience working with youth in community-based settings, 3 years supervisory experience and housing experience. Masters Degree in field of mental health (psychology, counseling, social work, or related field); Licensed or Licensed eligible in the state of Vermont (LICSW, LCMHC, MLADC); additional experience a plus in counseling/treatment of substance abuse/addictions. Interviews will begin immediately.
Please send resume with letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.