Interested in a rewarding career that will make a positive difference?
On behalf of Youth Services, we would like to thank you for your interest in pursuing career opportunities with our community nonprofit. Youth Services provides exemplary service utilizing a team passionate about improving the quality of life throughout Windham County.
Youth Services is proud to offer a generous benefits package that, when coupled with competitive salaries, allows us to attract and retain the best staff you may ever work with. If you would like to be part of a talented and caring team dedicated to providing outstanding services, please consider a career at Youth Services.
There are also many ways to volunteer your time and talents at Youth Services, which has enjoyed a long tradition of tremendous community support. Each year nearly 300 volunteers play an invaluable role in supporting the agency’s delivery of services in a variety of ways. Thank you for your interest in Youth Services!
Great new opportunity!
Workforce Connections Coordinator
Are you ready for an amazing opportunity to join an innovative program and make positive change in your community? Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of Vermont community since 1972. Our mission: working together to build resilience and be a catalyst for change. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace.
Youth Services is seeking a full time Workforce Connections Coordinator to join our innovative, experienced, and forward-thinking workforce development team. This compassionate and organized individual will provide coordination and support for both of these employment mentoring programs at Youth Services. The Workforce Connections Coordinator must have the ability to think collaboratively, solve problems, and have good decision-making skills, including a deep understanding of systems of oppression and economic disparity in our community. This position is currently split 50/50 between these two complementary programs, one for adults and one with older youth.
The Youth Services’ Workforce Development department launched a youth-led screen-printing business combining workforce development skills and mentoring to create a dynamic supportive environment for young people in our community. This programmatic model also includes social services support, youth leadership, and builds entrepreneurial skills. Additionally, in order to better meet community needs, we are launching a first of its kind adult day labor program. This program facilitates temporary employment on an as-needed basis to anyone willing and able to work in our community. The coordinator will facilitate the program in cohorts with an assumption that community connection is a necessary prerequisite to progress.
Have questions? Please call Emilie at 802-258-0599 or Emilie.firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to HumanResources@youthservicesinc.org by September 15th. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Compensation: $16.25 per hour with annual cost of living increase, Opportunity to transition to full benefit program after 3 months, Union representation.
- Facilitate the operation of a youth led screen-printing business in collaboration with the Brattleboro Screen-printing Cooperative.
- Operate a programmatic model that integrates with screen-printing business. This mentoring model will include work-skill development, case-management support, youth-voices and leadership, and entrepreneurial encouragement.
- Provide oversight and coaching for adults mentors as they navigate strength based relationships with youth.
- Collaboration with community partners
- Logistical support for an adult temporary labor program including transportation, payroll, and service referral.
- Develop relationships and collaborative partnerships with state and social service agencies, community partners, and stakeholders to further the agency’s ability to achieve agency goals and improve the system of care for our clients.
- Develop relationships and collaborative partnerships with the private sector, both small businesses and associations, to recruit mentors and employment opportunities for clients.
- Provide strong project management skills to ensure the timely, organized and accurate implementation of ongoing initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Google and Word suites.
- Ensure client files and program records are maintained in compliance with all funder requirements, state and federal status, and Youth Services policies. Conduct regular audit of files.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with department policy.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have at least 2+ years of private sector collaboration experience;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with adolescents, young adults, and other vulnerable populations;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with strength-based practices and youth development frameworks;
- Experience in mentoring or being a mentor; case management, and/or social work.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to a supportive, and affirming environment for all participants;
- Understanding of dynamics of oppression, marginalization, poverty and ability to thrive in diverse work environment;
- Successful experience teaching, training or supervising new learners, and a talent for empowering and engaging others to work together to achieve goals;
- Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices;
- A working knowledge of referral agencies in Windham County that support youth and families;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, a scrappy can-do attitude, and an ability to work occasional evening hours (with flex time benefits).