Interested in a rewarding career that will make a positive difference?
On behalf of Youth Services, we would like to thank you for your interest in pursuing career opportunities with our community nonprofit. Youth Services provides exemplary service utilizing a team passionate about improving the quality of life throughout Windham County.
Youth Services is proud to offer a generous benefits package that, when coupled with competitive salaries, allows us to attract and retain the best staff you may ever work with. If you would like to be part of a talented and caring team dedicated to providing outstanding services, please consider a career at Youth Services.
There are also many ways to volunteer your time and talents at Youth Services, which has enjoyed a long tradition of tremendous community support. Each year nearly 300 volunteers play an invaluable role in supporting the agency’s delivery of services in a variety of ways. Thank you for your interest in Youth Services!
Great new opportunity!
Position Title: Supervised Visitation Coordinator and Harmed Party Liaison
Are you ready for an amazing opportunity to join an innovative program and make positive change in your community? Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of Vermont community since 1972. Our mission: working together to build resilience and be a catalyst for change. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace.
Youth Services is seeking a 25 hour per week Supervised Visitation Coordinator and Harmed Party Liaison to join our dynamic team. This organized individual with great communication skills will provide coordination and support for both of these Restorative Justice programs at Youth Services. An Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience is desired.
This position involves two roles within Youth Services: (1) Supervised Visitation Coordinator, (20 hours/week) and (2) Court Diversion Harmed Party Liaison (5 hours/week). This position also involves Saturday and some evening hours.
Supervised Visitation Coordinator:
- Receive supervised visitation referrals from the Court or DCF, and self-referrals.
- Conduct intakes and screening of parents/guardians and provide an orientation for the child(ren).
- Supervise visits between non-custodial parents/guardians and their child(ren) on a weekly basis (currently on Saturdays).
- Provide support and referrals to parents/guardians.
- Document any issues with supervised visits.
The ideal candidate will understand the effects of domestic violence on children, family roles and relationships, and child development.
Court Diversion Harmed Party Liaison:
The Court Diversion Harmed Party Liaison supports the functioning and maintenance of restorative justice programming at Youth Services. Duties include:
- Receive harmed party referrals and information from Diversion Case Manager.
- Coordinate with Victim Advocates at State’s Attorney’s Office regarding harmed party needs and restitution.
- Perform outreach, engagement and intake (as applicable) of harmed party information and input in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly and timely with Diversion Case Manager regarding harmed party input.
- Advocate for harmed parties’ needs in Court Diversion program.
- Support harmed parties throughout the Court Diversion process including (as appropriate), collecting victim impact statements, relating impact statement to Diversion restorative panel, coordinating harmed party’s attendance at panel, accompanying harmed party to panel as appropriate (some evening work is required).
- Other duties as assigned that support the function and maintenance of Restorative Justice Programs.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to HumanResources@youthservicesinc.org by January 24th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are unable to consider applicants without a cover letter. If the resume submission platform does not allow for cover letters, please send cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: $16.50 per hour with annual cost of living increase. Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
West River Valley Thrives
Office Location: Townshend, VT 05353
Project Coordinator – Prevention Coalition
Seeking an individual to oversee substance abuse prevention strategies of West River Valley Thrives. The position requires a high degree of outreach and collaboration with diverse stakeholders. S/he will communicate through multiple channels to educate, coordinate, and build momentum around WRVT activities and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience working with youth, exceptional organization and communication skills, a collaborative team approach, flexibility in working hours (periodic evening events required), and a strong background in managing work plan activities, writing reports, data entry/computer skills, and prioritization of activities across multiple projects.
Competitive pay, 40 hrs/wk with full benefits. Position will be open until filled. E.O.E
Submit cover letter, resume and 3 references to: HumanResources@youthservicesinc.org